Sunday 1 February 2015

Plus Size "High Street" Fashion Wishlist

Hi All!
I'm a plus size lady and I'm pretty damned sure I rock it! However, recently I've been looking at my wardrobe with a rather forlorn expression on my face, I think I'm due a wardrobe spring clean and a shopping spree to follow it up. Now, because I'm a plus size lady I tend to find the type of clothes I like usually aren't in my size and if they are they're definitely not in my price range, I usually stick to online shopping these days because I'm often pushed to find a date to go out shopping,  but I absolutely love actually going into shops and trying the clothes on. I often stick to sites such as Simply Be, ASOS Curve&Plus Size section, Yours Clothing, Debenhams and so on so I've made myself a little wishlist of all the things I'd like to see in my wardrobe in the next few weeks from some of the above websites. I think it's important to note that when it comes to Simply Be it's extremely overpriced in my opinion, there's just no need to pay £40 or near enough for a t-shirt so that site won't be a big player in this wishlist. Let's get this thing started then.
The first item on my wish list is the Black and Pink Check Skirt Jersey Skater Dress from Yours Clothing. I absolutely love the skater dress style and I'm wanting to get more skater dresses for spring and summer. I find that on the curvier shape skater dresses sit really well on the majority of body types so it will flatter and look great on anybody. Tartan is one of my favourite fashion trends and although red tartan is best for my look pink tartan is so cute and perfect for any time of the year. I personally would style this dress with a wrap type cardigan, some chancy jewellery or long necklace, opaque tights and my chancy heeled boots. 
Second on my wish list is the Ridley Super Soft Skinny Jeans from ASOS Curve. You don't have to be stick thin to wear skinny jeans, in fact I prefer the look of skinny jeans on a plus size woman but that's my opinion. Anyway, I love skinny jeans and I find as a general jean style they're very versatile and can be styles with anything. These jeans are just the right waist height and I don't like jeans that rest on the hip or too hight on the waist, super soft jeans tend to be much easier to put on and take off, nobody wants to get stuck getting their jeans on or off and doing the "jeans too tight" routine by lying on the bed or jumping up and down. Personally I'd style these jeans with my converse and a longline T-shirt and leather jacket. I'm more for comfort than looking glam. 
Thirdly, I would absolutely love to get my hands on this little number. The Bonnie A-line Tunic in teal from Pink Clove is absolutely lovely and just the type of thing i love because I like clothes that you can slouch about in all day or go outing an look really gorgeous. Knowing me I'd wear this to college with leggings and boots and my jacket, the style is really flattering for curvy figure and it comes in loads of colours, for me though teal is too pretty to resist. The style of this dress is really similar to the skater dress above and it can be styled plain as it's pictured, or you could embellish it with a belt, jewellery cardigans or whatever you like. 
Finally on my wish list is one of my all time favourite designers from Simply Be, Joe Browns 50's style garden dress is the cutest dress I've ver seen and I think I might actually order this dress once I've posted this. I love this style of dress because it's so feminine and honestly I believe that anybody can look beautiful in this style dress. I love roses and red is a favourite colour of mine so obviously I'm totally in love with this dress and this with some cute ballet flats of chancy kitten heels with subtle jewellery would look gorgeous! 

I hope everyone has enjoyed reading my high-street fashion wish list! Let me know what your favourite style is or what you're really fancying seeing in your wardrobe!


Love Katherine. X

No comments:

Post a Comment