Thursday 29 January 2015

First Month of Blogging: Overview

 Hi All!
So, it's been exactly one month and three days since I started this blog (26th December 2014 to be exact) and I can honestly say I'm overwhelmed with the support and guidance I've been given by friends, family and so many other wonderful bloggers that I've had the great pleasure of meeting. 
I initially started this blog because I needed an outlet for stress, I've always enjoyed writing and it's always helped relax me, then I got the idea to write about things I enjoy and post them online... hence the start of this blog! I initially wanted to do a specifically themed blog on News and Celebrity type things but I honestly don't care about that stuff enough and I think that can often show in a bloggers writing, if someone doesn't care about what they're writing it can be a great let down for readers and the blog will go nowhere. All I wanted to do was write about my experiences therefore I chose to do a general lifestyle blog and I must say it has been going swimmingly!
In the first few days of blogging I was pretty proud that I'd been able to post everyday and be consistent with the time roughly, and also I'd managed to come up with three pages full of a small notebook of ideas to use for posts. 
Everyday I was getting more and more page views, I know that views aren't the most important things when blogging but honestly it is lovely to see that people are reading and even commenting on your blog. In the first month I've even managed to get nearly 1,500 page views which for me I'm so pleased with. Thanks to blogging I've also managed to develop my writing skills and social media skills, I've never been technological but I so admit that it's been SO fun using twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr and bloglovin, to expand my network. I've met lovely people like Tamara, Danielle and done posts alongside Aymie Louise. With blogging I honestly think that I've found something I genuinely love and I would hat to give up for whatever reason, college is a bit of a stumbling block when it comes to posting everyday but I will always make time for it, because it's such an enjoyable pastime. I'm so grateful that I've been able to develop skills I never thought I could with blogging!
Thank you al so much for reading my blog, I hope you all enjoy it and there will be many, many more posts to come in the future as I won't be stopping anytime soon!


Love Katherine. X

No comments:

Post a Comment