Saturday 17 January 2015

Chocolate and Honey Cake: American Style Teacake Recipe

Hi again,
This last couple of days have been pretty hectic for me and it's been lovely to have a nice break and spend the whole day  having a baking day. A week or two ago I posted a recipe for Honey and Garlic chicken and I thoroughly enjoyed both making tha and blogging about it. So, I thought I would rope Aymie in to helping me make something sweet, this weeks recipe is Chocolate and Honey upsidedown tea cakes American style! Below you can find a list of things you'll need and directions to make these yummy teacakes!
Ingredients
•120g unsalted butter
•120g self raising flour
•100g caster sugar 
•40g chocolate powder
•2 medium beaten eggs
•1 hearty dollop of honey

Directions
Let's get down to the fun bit!
Firstly, measure out 120g of self raising flour and place into a mixing bowl, measure out 120g of unsalted butter and place that into the mixing bowl also. Measure 100g of caster sugar and 40g of chocolate powder, add both to the mixing bowl; next you'll need to add your healthy dollop of honey to the mixture, if you want to be specific in the measurements 4 tablespoons of honey. Next you'll want to give all of that a good mix just to make the whole thing a little easier to mix once the eggs are in there. 
Once all that's been mixed to a fluffy texture beat those two medium eggs in a separate bowl and once beaten chuck into the main bowl and mix everything together until you have a smooth but thick consistency without lumps. 
For the next step I used my my American Originals Teacake Maker to bake them, this only took 6 minutes, this was £40 from Boyes. However, for those of you who don't have this Teacake maker just use your over on 250F form15-20 mins, checking at regular intervals. 
Once they're fully baked give them 5 minutes to cool and decorate how you like! You'll have delicious cakes in no time! 
I hope you all enjoyed reading this and I hope you enjoy making these yummy cakes even more!


Love Katherine. X

No comments:

Post a Comment